BREAKING TRADITION ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
To recognize an individual or a company that has demonstrated distinguished achievement or performance which had national impact on changing public attitude regarding gender equity and/or stereotyping
• Distinguished themselves in an endeavor not usually associated with their gender (female or male), race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age.
• Achievement should have had a national impact--or the potential for national impact- once recognized.
• Should be committed to the basic principles of equity and embrace the richness of cultural diversity.
Company (Partnering Agency/Business/Industry):
• Company should have demonstrated a clear record of equitable personnel practices exemplary support for nontraditional workers, apprentices, or cooperative student employees, or
• Company's operational policies should be exemplary in regard to employing and supporting all workers regardless of gender, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age.
• Company should promote a positive public image and be in reputable fiscal standing.
• Company practice should demonstrate commitment to the basic principles of equity and embrace diversity as a corporate strength.