MYRA P. SADKER AWARD
(1943-1995) A Washington educator who pioneered much of the research documenting gender bias in America's schools.
To recognize a post-secondary or technical education teacher who has recognized and reduced gender bias and stereotyping in educational settings (school based and work based learning) to provide an equitable education for all students.
• Student/teacher interaction strategy used by the teacher for equitable instruction.
• Student /teacher interaction observation by students in educational setting.
• Student/teacher interaction observation by third party.
• Visual evidence of inclusion (bulletin boards, instructional materials, curriculum, content of curriculum.
• Students’ verification of equitable participation in educational settings.
• Colleagues’ verification of equitable student participation in educational settings.
• Number of in-services held to teach other educators to interact equitably with all student in the educational setting and number of teachers reached through the in-services.